10 Quotes Proves Reading Opens Your Mind
Reading is the best source of pleasure of mind and is an entertainment which is free of cost. Reading Opens your Mind and soul. It helps a person to explore the huge treasure of knowledge which is so vast that we can navigate the dangerous seas of human life.
World Book Day is held each year to celebrate authors, illustrate, books and reading. Marked in 100 countries across the world and recognized UNESCO, the initiative hopes to encourage children to explore the pleasures of books and reading. This allows them to attain vast knowledge about the world and discover some facts which they can apply in their lives. I’ve read a beautiful Post in a website about How we Learn from Everyone.
To mark this day, Amnesty International has released a new picture book which is titled as Dreams of Freedom, which teaches importance of liberty with quotes from the likes of Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama and Aung San Suu Kyi.
Taking inspiration from this here is a compilation of 12 quotes that celebrate the joy and enthusiasm of reading and further explain why reading Is important in our lives.
- No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting.- MARY WORTLEY MONTAGU.
- To read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries. - A C GRAYLING
- No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance. - CONFUCIUS
- The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn the more places you’ll go. - DR. SEUSS
- Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers. -HARRY S TRUMAN
- Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. -JOSEPH ADDISON
- A book is a dream that you hold in your hands. – NEIL GAIMAN
- When you sell a man a book you don’t sell him just 12 ounces of paper and ink and glue you sell him a whole new life. – CHRISTOPHER MORLEY
- Books are the quietest and the most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest counselors and the most patient teachers. - CHARLES W ELIOT
- Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. - WILLIAM HAZLITT
- Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life. - JESSE LEE BENNETT
- A good book is always on tap, it may be decanted and drunk a hundred times, and it is still there for further imbibement. -HOLBROOK JACKSON
It comes down to the last. Reading Opens your Mind. For more Inspirational Content on Life. Please do visit my Personal Blog i Code Kamal.